BOIRE AVEC MODÉRATION. POUR VISITER CE SITE, VOUS CONFIRMEZ AVOIR L’ÂGE LÉGAL POUR ACHETER DE L’ALCOOL DANS VOTRE PAYS DE RÉSIDENCE. EN UTILISANT CE SITE WEB, VOUS CONSENTEZ À NOTRE UTILISATION DE COOKIES. CLIQUEZ POUR CONFIRMER.
Distillery Manager / Master Distiller
Job Type: Full-time
Job Summary: Ardgowan Distillery Company Limited are seeking a passionate Head Distiller/ Master Distiller who would like the opportunity to make a major contribution to a brand new distillery being developed near Inverkip south west of Glasgow on the west coast of Scotland.
The opportunity will give you a chance to become part of a committed team and to play a major role in the development of a new distillery. The position will require an enthusiastic entrepreneur who can drive the design, construction, commissioning and operations of the Ardgowan distillery. While knowledge of the process is essential, the Master Distiller will be central to the fundraising, branding, marketing and sales of a new lowland single malt Scotch whisky.
If you have the skills and you believe you have the capability to make a huge difference to the creation of a new business and a stunning new Scotch Whisky brand, then this position may be for you.
Package: The package will be incentive-driven based on the experience and capability of the selected candidate. There will be an option to participate in a share option scheme and a discretionary bonus scheme will be based on specific operational and financial targets.
Experience required: At least 10 years’ experience within the distillery industry with in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the mashing, fermentation, distilling, maturation, wood management and HMRC requirements.
- Passion and enthusiasm to be part of a new start-up venture
- Problem solving abilities, creativity and diligence
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to engage with management, staff, investors
- Ability to engage with the public through premium tasting events, festivals and competitions
- 10 years or more of distilling experience with a working knowledge of all aspects of distillery operations
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- Multitasking ability and ability to work independently, as well as part of a strong team environment
- Quality assurance/quality control experience with new make spirit and wood
- Strong leadership with ability to lead, develop and train team
- Working knowledge of computers, spreadsheets, and budgets
- Professional qualification or certification course in distilling, chemical engineering or related field
- Providing input during design and construction process
- Assisting / advising on the creation of the final recipes
- Managing the distilling and quality control processes
- Managing production, maturation
- Managing inventories, scheduling, forecasts and contracts
- Develop procedures for operational & quality control
- Manage and monitor all operations and staffing
- Managing HSE
If you are interested in the position and would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org